Sound Devices’ A20-TX was engineered to be compatible with more input sources than any other transmitter, including two- or three-wire lavs, dynamic mics, phantom-powered condenser mics, guitars, balanced line-level sources, and even AES digital mics. The A20-TX transmitter’s multipurpose input saves you from having to pack or rent more transmitters.
- Worldwide VHF and UHF tuning range from 169 MHz-1525 MHz.
- Up to 12 hours battery runtime.
- Eco-friendly operation from rechargeable Lithium batteries or from standard AA batteries.
- Built-in battery charger via USB-C.
- Full remote control of the A20-TX via A20-Remote companion app and from A20-Nexus and A20-Nexus Go via long-range NexLink.
- State-of-the-art 100% digital long-range modulation delivers the longest transmission distance of any system on the market.
- RF Power output from 2 mW to 40 mW.
- Lemo input supports 2-wire or 3-wire mono lav, balanced mic, switchable 12, 48V phantom, balanced line-level, AES3, AES42 (compatible with Schoeps SuperCMIT), and guitar (w/ optional Smart Guitar Cable).
- GainForward Architecture – no gain control to worry about on the A20-TX.
- Full 10 Hz – 20 kHz audio bandwidth.
- Sound Devices 8-Series, fully balanced mic preamp built in (140 dB dynamic range).
- Ultra-quiet lavalier mic preamp (134 dB dynamic range).
- Built-in 32-bit float, 48 kHz recorder with removable micro-SD card.
- Ultra-stable timecode built in, auto jammed via wireless NexLink.
- Sunlight-readable e-Paper screen for control and display. Display persists when powered off.
- USB-C for pairing with the A20-Nexus, file offload, charging, and timecode jamming.
- A20-TX Switch: Optional user-programmable bayonet switch, magnetically sensed and physically removable.
True Balanced Input
The Sound Devices A20-TX transmitter includes an industry first: a full, true balanced ultra-low-noise, high-headroom mic preamp. In fact, this is the same preamp built into Sound Devices’ vaunted 8-Series mixers. The A20-TX mic preamp is a big step up from the excellent mic preamp built into the original A10-TX transmitter in terms of noise, headroom, and sonic purity.
Excellent Battery Life
The A20-TX transmitter features battery life of up to 12 hours. Additionally, the A20-TX’s flexible powering scheme allows the use of many battery types, including standard alkaline or NiMh AA batteries, rechargeable Li-Ion batteries, rechargeable LiFePO4 batteries, or even USB battery packs.
The A20-TX transmitter boasts industry-leading features like Sound Devices’ proprietary NexLink 2.4 GHz long-range wireless remote control technology that allows multiple A20-TX transmitters to be controlled and timecode synced dependably from an A20-Nexus or A20-Nexus Go digital receiver. NexLink works over long distances – even through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and other 2.4 GHz interference. The A20-TX transmitter’s long-range modulation achieves excellent operational range. The A20-TX also includes Sound Devices’ proprietary SpectraBand technology, which enables the A20-TX transmitter to tune over a super wide range of 169 MHz -1525 MHz.
For the applications that call for a user-actuated switch, the A20-TX transmitter features the industry’s first physically removable switch. Its large size, positive tactile operation, and magnetic activation give users ultimate confidence and reliability.
With GainForward, there is no gain setting on the transmitter! You control your A20-TX transmitter’s audio gain, either directly at the mixer’s digital trim control or at the wireless receiver, while maintaining the best audio performance in the industry. If the source is too soft or too loud, just use a downstream mixer’s digital trim gain control to make adjustments. No more bothering the talent to make gain changes.
There’s no need to stock special batteries for the A20-TX transmitter. It can work with any type of AA batteries, no matter the chemistry.
You can easily view settings and menus with the A20-TX transmitter’s e-Paper Display, even in sunlight or when powered down and its batteries removed. Need to change a setting in the dark? Open the battery door and the screen’s backlight turns on for easy visibility.